The Baltic Exchange – Our word our bond
The Baltic Exchange is the world’s only independent source of maritime market information for the trading and settlement of physical and derivative contracts. Its international community of over 600 members encompasses the majority of world shipping interests and commits to a code of business conduct overseen by the Baltic.
Baltic Exchange members are responsible for a large proportion of all dry cargo and tanker fixtures as well as the sale and purchase of merchant vessels.
Baltic Exchange services
- Independent, high quality dry, wet and gas freight market information
- Self-regulated chartering, sale and purchase and freight derivatives markets
- Central forum for competing freight market interests
- Framework ensuring high standards of business practice and co-operation
- London-based business facilities for members